Last Updated: 2011.12.17
Enemies by default only drop three items maximum in RPG Maker VX Ace. The drop rates are also limited to rates that can only be achieved through denominator values. A drop rate of say, 75% cannot be achieved. This script provides the ability to add more than just three drops and more control over the drop rates, too.
Use notetags to increase the number of drops players can get and varying rates at which items will drop. These notetags go into the enemy notebox.
<drop Ix: y%> <drop Wx: y%> <drop Ax: y%>
Causes enemy to drop item, weapon, or armour (marked by I, W, or A) x at a rate of y percent. Insert multiples of this tag to increase the number of drops an enemy can possibly have.
— And that’s all, folks! —
About the screenshot, isn’t it A MUCH MORE THAN SOMETHING o_O
My thoughts exactly, I like all the spare keys he picked up, you know just in case he loses 1…or…8
Ah, there we go. :) I already expected this to be coming.
ExDrop does not function.
Sorry English poor….
Oops, I made a mistake and used the wrong symbol.
v1.01 – Bug Fixed: Drop ratios now work properly.
This is great!
A couple questions/suggestions however:
1: Are you going to allow for max drops?
2: Additional drops based on variable/switch?
3: Item tag that increases max drops from an enemy with a max amount of drops.
-Example: Enemy has 10 possible drops (2 main drops from editor) but can only drop 1 out of those 8 extra item drops however the player has an item called goodie magnet that allows for gaining 1 additional max drop from said enemy this would give them a chance to get up to 4 out of 20 drops based on formulas.
It would also be cool if this can be added to states/classes/heros etc.
It would also be cool if you could add in support for weapons/armors/skills to have a chance to grant an extra item drop at the end of a battle.
Accessory “Magic Goodie Bag” passive chance to give a random item at end of a battle per enemy (possibly from list).
Weapon “Enchanted Goodie Sword” passive chance that when killing an enemy you will get an item (possibly from list) either after enemy dies during battle or at the end of battle.
i like this idea but would like to add a little extra could it be possible to have multiple drop pools (eg a enemy has a chance of dropping one of 3 different items from pool A, 3 out of 9 items from pool B and 2 out of 5 items from pool C)
that would be an awesome function oO … i like your idea ! :D
Right side, 5th from the top. Cracked me up (hope it was intentional).
also a better gold drop could be nice (like a variance or something (or as this been done)
Pingback: Were are you ramiro-doo? « Ramiro + RMVXA = ♥
i wonder if there is a chance to add an option.
Like, item will only drop, when certain switch is on, if variable is larger or smaller than something.
Item with id=90 will drop (75% chance) if switch with id=5 is on.
<drop_cond: 2, [6
Item with id=90 will drop(20% chance)if variable with id 6 has a value larger than 10.
I came with that idea while playing Gothic II, when you learn how to skin animals, then some enemies will drop their skins/hides.
It’s not possible to get an extra item drop from a certain kind of monsters by having the main hero have a special skill right? >..<
Hey! I wrote more than just that how did it end up only showing this short message.. >:c I also said, example: Getting Leather from an animal by having the the skill Skinning.
is there any way to have it drop only 1 of each item? instead of 2 apples dropping just drop 1?
How about a change so that there will be a way to generate rare drops.
Demon has 10% chance to drop a weapon, and from that, there is a 90% chance it’s weapon 1; 10% chance it’s weapon 2.
Code to call it would be like (drop w:10%, 1:90%, 2:10%)…
Then there is a 10% chance that a weapon would drop, which is mostly the common drop and occasionally the rare drop, but NEVER both drops at once.
AS it is now, you’d need a , but there would be that once in a rare time when both would fall true and you’d get the common and rare drop both at once.
It isn’t possible to get a dropchance >1%
It would be awesome to get something like 1/10000 , just if you have like 10 epic items which COULD be dropped by a very small enemy.
Does 0.1% work?
Pingback: My Introduction to RPG Maker VX ACE | RPG Maker VX ACE Information
The DROP ITEM DOUBLE party ability works with this script?
Ok, I tested and it doesnt stack with drop item double (party ability)
it would be nice if both works together (% in notetag *2 by the party skill)
anyway, this saved my life, thx a lot!
did you finally get it to work?? i mean the party hability.
Yanfly, could you help me please?
I want to make the Ace’s default item drop double work with your
script but every time i try it the only thing i get is doubling every drop chance,
even when i don’t have the drop doubler active.
How do I get the “Victory Spoils!” screen like in the first screenshot?
why when i click the download link, the drop box always say Error (509)
Yeah me two everytime i try download, it says that error. Please help i badly need that scrip D:
The dropbox is down. Ihttps://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/2014/03/30/script-links-temporarily-down/ It’s available on the github.
Can you make it compatible with CSCA Currency System?
Or do you have any solution for it? Any alternatives is welcome.
Wow i love all your work! thank you so much for sharing this!
I don’t suppose someone could modify this so it accepts decimals? I would love drop rates below 1% to be usable.
You could use conditional branches to create a smaller chance of the item dropping.
Links aren’t available!
This is great but I did have to chuckle. 1 in 4 is 75%… so the default can do that. ;p
Oh wow, nevermind. I read that completely wrong. >.<; 1 in 4 is 25%. Ignore me, it's been a long night. Hopefully you at least got a chuckle out of this.
Woah! awesome script again Yanfly<3 :D